At OptomJobs.com we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) the company responsible for your personal data is AE Optometry Ltd and is contactable here.
Your Personal Information
What we collect from you:
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you ask us to help you find a role. This includes information provided through our online website portal, via email, in person at interviews, over the telephone and/or by any other method.
- In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills and experience that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we have initiated for you.
- Details of your visits to OptomJobs.com’s website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to our website and the resources that you access.
OptomJobs.com’s technology and partnerships allows us to search various databases – some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (include your CV or Resumé), to find possible candidates to fill job openings. Where we find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
As a client the main way in which we collect data is directly from you and through other sources such as speaking with candidates, and other limited sources (e.g. online and offline media).
How we use your personal data
The main reason for using your personal details is to help you find employment or other work roles that might be suitable for you. The more information we have about you, your skillset and your ambitions, the more bespoke we can make our service. Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also use your personal data for things like marketing, profiling and diversity monitoring. Where appropriate, we will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
In relation to Client data, the main reason for using information about clients is to ensure that the contractual arrangements between us can properly be implemented so that the relationship can run smoothly.
How we share your data
may share your personal data with various optical practices and companies, in
various ways and for various reasons. Primarily we will share your information with
prospective employers to increase your chances of securing the job you want.
As a client, we will share your data primarily to ensure that we provide you with a suitable pool of candidates.
Our commitment to security and confidentiality
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. This is applicable to both our candidates and clients.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
How long we keep data
We will store your data only for as long as necessary. We also conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises to make sure the information we have is relevant and accurate.
It is important for us to make you aware of your rights.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
Please get in touch with us here if you have any questions at all about how we process, store and share your personal information.